Installation and clearance adjustment of TW-12 Performance linear carriages
The linear carriages of TW series 01 always require a minimum amount of clearance between carriage and rail. They are delivered ready-to-install with preset clearance.
- The TW series 12 linear carriage must be pushed onto the hard-anodised TS-01 rail.
- The carriage is now ready to use.
- The bearing clearance can be adjusted individually if so desired.
- The lock nut(s) must then be removed with a spanner.
- The bearing clearance can be reduced (–) or increased (+) with an Allen key, size 1.5 mm.
- The bearing clearance that has been set must now be checked again.
- If the set clearance is as desired, all the lock nuts are to be tightened.
- The carriage is ready to use
* If the set clearance is too small and the guide carriage therefore becomes jammed, it is not enough to simply loosen the adjustment screws. After loosening the screws, press the reset button on the side opposite the screws in order to release the sliding elements again. For this, use Allen bolts of the following sizes: 2.5mm for TW-12-15/TW-12-20 and 3mm for TW-12-25/TW-12-30.
This is how it is done: