Especially when the installation space is tight, installing a side-mounted e-chain is helpful. It is important to pay attention to whether the e-chain glides on a surface or is designed for unsupported application.
Gliding: If the e-chain is gliding horizontally mounted on the side, special attention must be paid to the following points:
- Use of locking mounting brackets is recommended.
- Wear pads should be sufficient.
- Glide surface can be an igus plastic, stainless steel (material: AISI 304) or a galvanised steel.
- The “back” of the energy chain should be supported.
Unsupported: If the e-chain is used unsupported side-mounted, the length of the travel depends on the factors such as time, additional load, width of the e-kette, bend radius and parallelism of the application. In addition, the following points must be noted:
- Feasibility/load in terms of weight (FL90 diagram, please contact us)
- Use of locking mounting brackets is recommended
- An e-chain of undercut design is recommended.
- The first three chain links after the mounting bracket should, for instance, be supported by a plate.
Due to the variety of application possibilities, we strongly recommend that you make use of our consulting services.