The automatic TWA linear carriages always require a minimum amount of clearance between carriage and rail. They are delivered ready to install with three adjusting keys.
- Insert all three keys into the carriage and “unlock” it by turning them anti-clockwise.
- Push the automatic TWA linear carriage onto the hard-anodised TS-01 rail.
- In the unloaded state, turn the keys in a clockwise direction to “lock” the carriage and then remove them. The clearance is adjusted to the minimum automatically.
- The carriage is now ready to use.
- The adjusting key is to be retained for future removal purposes.
- Insert all three adjusting keys, turn them anti-clockwise and “unlock” the bearing clearance. The clearance is adjusted to the maximum automatically.
- The carriage can now be pushed off the rail easily.
How that is done in practice and what exactly happens inside the linear carriage is shown here: