The strain wave gear is available as a product in the size RL-S-17 and RL-S-20. RL-S-30 is a prototype and still in development.
The cyclo gear can be an alternative in future and is not available as a product yet. The sizes 17 and 20 are currently in development.
Both types of gears contain a coaxial in- and output axis (different from RL-D worm gears), they consist of three similar components:
- An outer (static) toothed ring
An inner toothed ring (rigid in the cycloid gear, flexible in the SWG)
A drive (an excentric in the case of the cycloid gear, the wave generator in the SWG)
strain wave gear with flexible inner ring cycloid gear with excentric ring
I want to supply more data for you to be downloaded, especially about our RL-DC “standard arms”. Our standard arms include all joints, motors, connections (=c-shaped metal sheets), cables and chains. Attached our NEW catalogue (now also available in ENG), STEP data for our 8 standard configurations and also the related drawings with part lists. We have “small arms” (up to 1 kg, based on our joints RL-D-30 and RL-D-20) as 4 or 5 DOF and “big arms” (up to 3 kg, based on our joints RL-D-50, -30 and -20).
Version With motorencoder and Ini switch or “output encoders” (-AE). I will explain the difference in a later entry.
At the HMI trade show we released our strain wave gear (RL-S) as a product in addition to our worm gears (RL-D). The smallest version of the strain wave gear (RL-S-17-N11-00-28-020K0) is used for the fifth axis in the standard joint arms RL-D-RBT-5532S-XX and RL-D-RBT-3322S-XX. The RL-S-17 gear comes in two variations, both have a transmission rate of 28:1:
1. suitable for small motors (like NEMA11 stepper motors, holding torque = 0.1 Nm), output torque max. 1 Nm
2. suitable for slightly bigger motors (like NEMA17 stepper motors, holding torque = 0.5 Nm), output torque max. 3 Nm
The biggest available joint is the RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12000 with a transmission rate of 38:1. The maximum output torque is about 5 Nm, depending on speed and usage duration. Also here you are able to choose between two versions:
1. high-end: RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12030 (with PRT-01-20)
2. standard: RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12000 (with a standard PRT-02-20-AL)
attached are CAD data and the current data sheets: RL-S-STEP+Data
All gears can be purchased with igus stepper motors, initiator kits, encoder kits or customized to be combined with your motor!
for this year’s HMI trade show (24.-28.4.17 in Hannover) we focussed on these topics:
- NEW catalogue with price reduction for single joints (prices are shown in the catalogue, page 8-11),
- NEW standard configurations for joint arms (RL-DC and RL-DQ), shown on page 46-47 in the new catalogue,
- NEW output encoders as an option for all RL-D joints, they may replace the motor encoder AND the Ini switch. => prices for RL-DC and RL-DQ joint arms with the new output encoder are lower than the normal motor encoders / Ini options.
DOWNLOAD the new catalogue as a pdf file here (german version, ENG will follow soon)
we run regular lifetime tests with our gears in our lab. Based on these tests, we did some inside changes in our gears, most important is the change of gear geometry and gear pulley material during the last months (from iglidur J to iglidur A 180). By this, we improved lifetime and friction (efficiency) in the joints. Please find attached NEW data sheets for our joints, now also including the current standard transmission ratios we can supply from stock (from 1:5 up to 1:70).
NEW Data sheet for symmetrical joints with 2 bearings (vertical installation)
NEW Data sheet for asymmetrical joints with 1 bearing (horizontal installation)