igus supplies “electromechanical joint arms“. They consist of:
- robolink joints with worm gears (RL-D) and strain wave gears (RL-S),
- igus stepper motors NEMA11, -17, -23 and -23XL,
- Ini-switches for the Zero-Point definition (BC version) or Output encoders (BC-AE version),
- connection parts between these joints (folded metal sheets RL-DC)
- a set of igus cables (5m long) and e-chains for the connection to a control unit
- OPTIONAL: an adapter for the connection of an Actuator (gripper, suction cup, camera,…)
Please find attached data sheets and STEP data for the different configurations:
“small version” with 2x RL-D-30 and 2x RL-D-20 (payload max. 1 kg, reach ~600 mm)
“big version” with 2x RL-D-50 1x RL-D-30 and 1x RL-D-20 (payload max. 3 kg, reach ~750 mm)
The strain wave gear is available as a product in the size RL-S-17 and RL-S-20. RL-S-30 is a prototype and still in development.
The cyclo gear can be an alternative in future and is not available as a product yet. The sizes 17 and 20 are currently in development.
Both types of gears contain a coaxial in- and output axis (different from RL-D worm gears), they consist of three similar components:
- An outer (static) toothed ring
An inner toothed ring (rigid in the cycloid gear, flexible in the SWG)
A drive (an excentric in the case of the cycloid gear, the wave generator in the SWG)
strain wave gear with flexible inner ring cycloid gear with excentric ring
I want to supply more data for you to be downloaded, especially about our RL-DC “standard arms”. Our standard arms include all joints, motors, connections (=c-shaped metal sheets), cables and chains. Attached our NEW catalogue (now also available in ENG), STEP data for our 8 standard configurations and also the related drawings with part lists. We have “small arms” (up to 1 kg, based on our joints RL-D-30 and RL-D-20) as 4 or 5 DOF and “big arms” (up to 3 kg, based on our joints RL-D-50, -30 and -20).
Version With motorencoder and Ini switch or “output encoders” (-AE). I will explain the difference in a later entry.
At the HMI trade show we released our strain wave gear (RL-S) as a product in addition to our worm gears (RL-D). The smallest version of the strain wave gear (RL-S-17-N11-00-28-020K0) is used for the fifth axis in the standard joint arms RL-D-RBT-5532S-XX and RL-D-RBT-3322S-XX. The RL-S-17 gear comes in two variations, both have a transmission rate of 28:1:
1. suitable for small motors (like NEMA11 stepper motors, holding torque = 0.1 Nm), output torque max. 1 Nm
2. suitable for slightly bigger motors (like NEMA17 stepper motors, holding torque = 0.5 Nm), output torque max. 3 Nm
The biggest available joint is the RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12000 with a transmission rate of 38:1. The maximum output torque is about 5 Nm, depending on speed and usage duration. Also here you are able to choose between two versions:
1. high-end: RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12030 (with PRT-01-20)
2. standard: RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12000 (with a standard PRT-02-20-AL)
attached are CAD data and the current data sheets: RL-S-STEP+Data
All gears can be purchased with igus stepper motors, initiator kits, encoder kits or customized to be combined with your motor!
for this year’s HMI trade show (24.-28.4.17 in Hannover) we focussed on these topics:
- NEW catalogue with price reduction for single joints (prices are shown in the catalogue, page 8-11),
- NEW standard configurations for joint arms (RL-DC and RL-DQ), shown on page 46-47 in the new catalogue,
- NEW output encoders as an option for all RL-D joints, they may replace the motor encoder AND the Ini switch. => prices for RL-DC and RL-DQ joint arms with the new output encoder are lower than the normal motor encoders / Ini options.
DOWNLOAD the new catalogue as a pdf file here (german version, ENG will follow soon)