Visit us at Hannover Show 2018 (23.4.-27.4.) in Hall 16 opposite from the “big” igus booth. We will present 3 main new product ranges, our news-flyer and new robolink catalogue can be downloaded from this post:
- robolink DCi: the robolink Standard Joint arms with INTEGRATED CPR control in 2 Versions (4 or 5 DOF),
- robolink apiro: a new Joint concept with more modularity as before (shown as protype units in operation)
- robolink rebel: something totally different from our standards, different motors, integrated electronics, but still: motion?plastcs! (shown as prototypes / design study), this development also is a cooperation with our Partner Commonplace Robotics: http://www.cpr-robots.com/
In his Bachelor Thesis, Markus Behrens did several measurements about repeatabilty and absolute precision of one igus Standard Joint arm (5 DOF, big Version): RL-D-RBT-5532S-BC-AE.
A CPR (Commonplace Robotics) control unit was used for the evaluation. The main results and further details are given in the pdf document attached. Conclusion:
igus supplies “electromechanical joint arms“. They consist of:
- robolink joints with worm gears (RL-D) and strain wave gears (RL-S),
- igus stepper motors NEMA11, -17, -23 and -23XL,
- Ini-switches for the Zero-Point definition (BC version) or Output encoders (BC-AE version),
- connection parts between these joints (folded metal sheets RL-DC)
- a set of igus cables (5m long) and e-chains for the connection to a control unit
- OPTIONAL: an adapter for the connection of an Actuator (gripper, suction cup, camera,…)
Please find attached data sheets and STEP data for the different configurations:
“small version” with 2x RL-D-30 and 2x RL-D-20 (payload max. 1 kg, reach ~600 mm)
“big version” with 2x RL-D-50 1x RL-D-30 and 1x RL-D-20 (payload max. 3 kg, reach ~750 mm)
with our new robolink design tool, you can design your individual robot and operate it easily. NEW feature: you can see the max. payload and reach directly, depending on your design! Attached is a little instruction how to make use of this (we need your confirmation of exclusion of liability before it is available – sorry).
We supply 2 options of encoders for our joints / joint arms.
Option 1 (our Standard before HMI 2017): Motorencoder plus Ini switch for 0-point reference on the joint output (PRT bearing)
Option 2): Output encoder on the PRT bearing of the joint. This is our own development, we use a magnetic ring plus Encoderchip on the output with an aditional magnet and Hall Sensor as reference point. Please find attached a description of the output encoder attached in GER and ENGL. Advantage: less cables, higher resolution, more accuracy for the arm.