At the HMI trade show we released our strain wave gear (RL-S) as a product in addition to our worm gears (RL-D). The smallest version of the strain wave gear (RL-S-17-N11-00-28-020K0) is used for the fifth axis in the standard joint arms RL-D-RBT-5532S-XX and RL-D-RBT-3322S-XX. The RL-S-17 gear comes in two variations, both have a transmission rate of 28:1:
1. suitable for small motors (like NEMA11 stepper motors, holding torque = 0.1 Nm), output torque max. 1 Nm
2. suitable for slightly bigger motors (like NEMA17 stepper motors, holding torque = 0.5 Nm), output torque max. 3 Nm
The biggest available joint is the RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12000 with a transmission rate of 38:1. The maximum output torque is about 5 Nm, depending on speed and usage duration. Also here you are able to choose between two versions:
1. high-end: RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12030 (with PRT-01-20)
2. standard: RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12000 (with a standard PRT-02-20-AL)
attached are CAD data and the current data sheets: RL-S-STEP+Data
All gears can be purchased with igus stepper motors, initiator kits, encoder kits or customized to be combined with your motor!
for this year’s HMI trade show (24.-28.4.17 in Hannover) we focussed on these topics:
- NEW catalogue with price reduction for single joints (prices are shown in the catalogue, page 8-11),
- NEW standard configurations for joint arms (RL-DC and RL-DQ), shown on page 46-47 in the new catalogue,
- NEW output encoders as an option for all RL-D joints, they may replace the motor encoder AND the Ini switch. => prices for RL-DC and RL-DQ joint arms with the new output encoder are lower than the normal motor encoders / Ini options.
DOWNLOAD the new catalogue as a pdf file here (german version, ENG will follow soon)
we run regular lifetime tests with our gears in our lab. Based on these tests, we did some inside changes in our gears, most important is the change of gear geometry and gear pulley material during the last months (from iglidur J to iglidur A 180). By this, we improved lifetime and friction (efficiency) in the joints. Please find attached NEW data sheets for our joints, now also including the current standard transmission ratios we can supply from stock (from 1:5 up to 1:70).
NEW Data sheet for symmetrical joints with 2 bearings (vertical installation)
NEW Data sheet for asymmetrical joints with 1 bearing (horizontal installation)
we supply either components (joints, motors, cables,…) or complete electro-mechanical joint arms. compared to industrial robots, the composition of a robolink joint arm is quite easy and can be reproduced by “everybody”. We show the composition of a 5 DOF joint arm in 3 single video clips:
- assembly of joints, “motorkits” and “Inikits” (for 0-point reference),
- assembly of an arm
- cabling of the arm
these films shall help you to understand the idea of our joint kit and how easy it is to change, modify or configure our arms.
Video 1) joint assembly
Video 2) arm assembly
Video 3) cabling of a joint arm
At this year’s MOTEK show in Stuttgart (GER) we will show the possibility to build 4 DOF robot arms with our motorized joints. 2 films at the end of this entry show 2 possible concepts:
1) “small” version with 4 joints size 30 – 30 -20 – 20, built with igus DC motors. No programming possible, just a joystick control.
2) “big” version with 4 joints size 50 – 50 – 30 – 20, built with igus stepper motors and a robolink gripper.
Please be aware that both arms are no sales products. They are examples of how a joint arm could look like. The connection parts are made of folded metal sheet parts. Please contact me for further questions in this issue (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Also attached our new catalogue (this version in GER with more RL-D infos and german list prices). Eng. version will follow soon.
LINK: de_robolink_08-2015 (3.80 mb)
And additionally 2 updated versions of tech. data sheets for symmetrical joints (version 101 with 2 PRT) and asymmetrical joints (version 102 with 1 PRT)
LINK: tech-data-rl-d-101_d-eng_15_11 (171.03 kb)
LINK: tech-data-rl-d-102-_d-eng_16_01 (162.11 kb)