At the HMI trade show we released our strain wave gear (RL-S) as a product in addition to our worm gears (RL-D). The smallest version of the strain wave gear (RL-S-17-N11-00-28-020K0) is used for the fifth axis in the standard joint arms RL-D-RBT-5532S-XX and RL-D-RBT-3322S-XX. The RL-S-17 gear comes in two variations, both have a transmission rate of 28:1:
1. suitable for small motors (like NEMA11 stepper motors, holding torque = 0.1 Nm), output torque max. 1 Nm
2. suitable for slightly bigger motors (like NEMA17 stepper motors, holding torque = 0.5 Nm), output torque max. 3 Nm
The biggest available joint is the RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12000 with a transmission rate of 38:1. The maximum output torque is about 5 Nm, depending on speed and usage duration. Also here you are able to choose between two versions:
1. high-end: RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12030 (with PRT-01-20)
2. standard: RL-S-20-N23-00-38-12000 (with a standard PRT-02-20-AL)
attached are CAD data and the current data sheets: RL-S-STEP+Data
All gears can be purchased with igus stepper motors, initiator kits, encoder kits or customized to be combined with your motor!
Hannover show (HMI) was a great succes for igus and robolink department especiallly! New records in numbers everywhere. I will share new informations within the next days and weeks (videos, data sheeets, STEP data, …). Starting today with a video of our igus “factory automation unit” how we showed it on the booth. It shows a real application in our factory in cologne, e-chain parts are placed for automatic assembly with a robolink joint arm (RL-D-RBT-5532S-BC with 5 DOF) plus a drylin linear system for adjustment (rotation).
The 2nd video comes from a neighbour booth, company RUBICON AUTOMATION, they show a belt system plus automation with robolink 5 DOF “smalll arm” (RL-D-RBT-3322S-AC).
igus factory automation for e-chains with robolink
RUBICON booth at HMI show http://www.rubicon-automation.de/
for this year’s HMI trade show (24.-28.4.17 in Hannover) we focussed on these topics:
- NEW catalogue with price reduction for single joints (prices are shown in the catalogue, page 8-11),
- NEW standard configurations for joint arms (RL-DC and RL-DQ), shown on page 46-47 in the new catalogue,
- NEW output encoders as an option for all RL-D joints, they may replace the motor encoder AND the Ini switch. => prices for RL-DC and RL-DQ joint arms with the new output encoder are lower than the normal motor encoders / Ini options.
DOWNLOAD the new catalogue as a pdf file here (german version, ENG will follow soon)
Our polish customer CASTOR http://en.castorautomatyka.pl/ has shown their automation solution with our robolink D 5DOF joint arm at Automaticon show in Warszawa. Castor uses B&R control components and is able to solve YOUR application with their engineering. Communication via iPad is a possible option. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
we run regular lifetime tests with our gears in our lab. Based on these tests, we did some inside changes in our gears, most important is the change of gear geometry and gear pulley material during the last months (from iglidur J to iglidur A 180). By this, we improved lifetime and friction (efficiency) in the joints. Please find attached NEW data sheets for our joints, now also including the current standard transmission ratios we can supply from stock (from 1:5 up to 1:70).
NEW Data sheet for symmetrical joints with 2 bearings (vertical installation)
NEW Data sheet for asymmetrical joints with 1 bearing (horizontal installation)